Sunday, June 04, 2006

One Month Today


I'm one month old today. According to mom and dad, I have changed quite a bit since I was born. I have developed lots of new skills. I am quite good at eating, as evidenced by my expanding girth. Filling out nicely. Mom likes my chubby thighs and round belly. We match. I am remarkably good at sleeping. Sleep like a baby. Occasionally, I breathe heavily. Some people might call that "snoring" but snoring is not very ladylike so let's just say I'm a sound sleeper. Either way, everything I do is adorable. I am dangerously good at crying. In fact, I have developed several versions of my cries, just to keep the parents guessing. They think they have me figured out but I like to mix it up. I have the long, slow, pitiful wimper. The eager, worrisome cry. The painful, discouraged wail. And lately, my favorite is the shrill, red-faced howl. Next month, I'll be working on bawling, sniveling, blubbering, and sobbing. I've almost worked up a few tears, but the tear ducts are not fully functional yet. I have become profoundly good at pooing. My first hobby: diaper art. I work lots of color and texture into my 'canvas'. I have discovered I have hands. I'll let you know when I figure out what I can do with them. I have also realized that I can smile, and no, it's not gas. I really enjoy wiggling. Wiggling on my activity mat is my favorite thing. Mom and dad have all these other gadgets to entertain me. The vibrating chair is OK. Swinging is good for a nap. The frontpack keeps me in the action. Not a fan of the stroller. Mom and dad always trick me into it when I'm napping. I've adjusted to the carseat. I like to go on outings in the car (good vibrations), but the carseat straps are so confining! Interferes with my wiggling.

That's all for now,
XOXO Livia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aunite Laurie here!!!
Miss Livia Sophia....I am so proud of you, you are really keeping your parents on the ball. Keep up the good work...hope to see you soon! Exciting to know we might have another "artist" in the family!